Boukje.com is a young and dynamic small consulting agency, which was founded at the end of 2007. Boukje.com assists organisations with their search for funding their research and development in order to create new business. For example, Boukje.com supports companies and research institutes in developing research proposals, building cooperative R&D consortia and carrying out project management. Moreover it provide the tools and training to support people and projects in these fields.
As such, Boukje.com has accumulated over 15 years of experience in the field of renewable energy, related to successfully developing and launching technology, dissemination of EU-project results and economic/ecologic assessments. Activities have thus had a wide range:
- Project and exploitation management: Solsilc (FP5), SPURT (CRAFT, FP6), Foxy (STREP, FP6), Solsic Demonstrator (FP6, TREN-Demo), which have led to a production facility of Solar Grade Silicon in Trondheim (FesilSunergy) which has recently been bought by Evonik.
- Economic and ecologic assessments for the projects: Solsilc (FP5), SPURT (CRAFT, FP6), Foxy (STREP, FP6) and support with the collection of necessary data within CrystalClear (IP, FP6).
- Support with business plans for diverse start-up companies, like TSC Solar and FesilSunergy.
- Workshop facilitation and co-organisation: Crystal Clear (FP6 IP project) workshop on solar grade silicon definition and standardisation and the Crystal Final Event to disseminate the results of this IP towards a broad public.
- Support with information to the European PV Technology Platform, Dutch Funding Schemes (most recently TKI Solar), setting up the Centre for Renewable Energy (SFFE) in Norway.
Main tasks in the project
Boukje.com, an SME that specialises in the field of New Business Development and related funding acquisition, will support the consortium with its replication strategy and contributing to the implementation of replication activities. Boukje Ehlen will act in WP7 as exploitation and dissemination manager to support the exploitation of results and to create a link between the IP directory, the communication plan and the need for dissemination in order to exploit the results. Moreover, Boukje.com support the WP leader of WP7 in its dissemination activities as set-out in a communication plan.
People involved in the project
Ms. Boukje Ehlen was born in 1976 in the Netherlands. She received her M.Sc. in Industrial Engineering & Management Science, from the Eindhoven Technical University in 2000. She has managed a large number of European projects, as her work as a consultant for a New Business Development Company (Willems & van den Wildenberg), project manager at ECN Solar and now as CEO of Boukje.com, a company specialising in supporting organisations that venture into new business and into European proposals and projects.
Mr. Otto Paans received his MA cum laude from the Utrecht School of Visual Arts and Design in The Netherlands in 2012. He has a background in both Iandscape architecture and urban planning as well as consultancy with regard to European projects. He has formerly worked as landscape designer, graphic designer and consultant. He is currently co-director of Boukje.com and has contributed to a large number of European proposals. In 2014, he published the book Situational Urbanism with Ralf Pasel from the TU Berlin, where is currently pursuing a PhD degree.